Advanced SEO Strategies 2018 (How I Got a #1 Ranking)
Want more organic Traffic?
Then you are in the right place.
Because today I’m showing you the advanced SEO tricks which generate 40K visitor per month without sharing on social media
The Best part?
Here, Top Best 17 Advanced SEO Strategies which works in 2018.
Let’s do this!
Focus on Long Tail Keyword
Many people avoid this tricks, they’re not focused on long tail keywords.
What is Long Tails Keywords?
It’s true, long tail keywords get less traffic, but will usually have a higher conversion rate.
If you’re using short tail keywords in the post, you’re not going to see results in the first page.
Best place is to use long tail keywords in the main title and subheadings.
The main feature of long tail keywords are more specific and have less competition.
There are many tricks to find long tail keywords, like.
- Use Google Suggest
- Use Google Related Searches
- Mine Your Analytics
- use Answer the public tools
Example of some Long Tail keywords.
Suppose you search keyword for “fashion” blog, then some long tails keywords, like this.
- Winter fashion 2018 women’s
- Fall 2018-2019 fashion trends
- 2018 fall fashion trends women’s
Note: if you start work on new blog or website, then you should focus on long tails keywords.
Optimize Your every image for SEO
Every post you should include at least one image.
Without the proper optimization, you’re losing your server space and your website response very slow and higher your bounce rate.
Buzzsumo says “A picture is worth a thousand words”
Focus on this points
- Compress your image before uploading
- Image use only post related topic
- You can your 10-20 image per post
- Include keyword in your image ALT
- Include your keyword in your image TITLE
- fill information about in Descriptive Captions option
If you are using the WordPress platform for blogging then install the best image optimized tools.
You can see in this posts lots of images include in every heading.
Note: you should add images to every post and include your main keyword in your image.
Delete Zombie Pages
Zombie’s pages are pages which have no traffic.
A solution of zombies page simple, delete all your unusual pages and posts.
if you delete you all zombies pages and post, you can get higher Organic traffic and higher ranking.
Remove all Broken links
Broken Links (dead links) are links that send visitors to a web page that no longer exists.
Other words, broken links are links that don’t work.
One broken link decreases your website ranking. So check you’re broken every month.
For Example: When users click on links and reach dead-end 404 errors, they get frustrated and may never return.
- A website is no longer available
- A web page was moved without a redirect being added
- The URL structure of a website was changed
Disadvantages of broken links:
- Affects and lowers the search engine ranking.
- Website traffic could be reduced.
- Lowered reputation.
How to check broken links?
There are many ways checking broken links.
- Use screaming frog software in your computer
- If your website on WordPress then uses fix broken link plugin.
Delete Duplicate Content
What is duplicate content?
Duplicate content is content that appears on the Internet in more than one place.
If your site has separate versions at
You’ve effectively created duplicates of each of those pages.
How to fix duplicate content issues
- 301 redirect
- use Rel=”canonical” in website
- nofollow some page with the help of Robots (category and tag pages)
Use LSI Keywords
What are the LSI keywords?
LSI keywords (Latent Semantic Indexing) are keywords semantically related to a keyword.
Different between LSI keywords and long tail keyword?
LSI keywords do not exactly mean long tail keywords but are somewhat similar to them.
Importance of LSI keywords
- LSI keywords reducing bounce rates
- Improve Search Engine Rankings
- Improve page Authority
How To Find LSI Keywords?
You can use the following tools
- LSI Graph
Focus on Meta Descriptions
What is a Meta description?
The Meta description tag in HTML is the 160 character snippet used to summarize a web page’s content.
Important in gaining user click-through from search engine result pages
The Meta description is an HTML tag, which looks like this in the HTML code for the page:
<meta name=”description” content=”A page’s description,
usually one or two sentences.”/>
Where do I add the Meta description?
If you’re using WordPress, you can easily add Meta description for every post.
Some important point about Meta Description.
- It should contain the focus keyword.
- The Meta description should be unique.
- It should match the content
- It should include a call-to-action.
Note: Search engines say, there is no direct ranking benefit from the Meta description but improve click-through-rate (CTR)
Improve website speed
if your site takes more than three seconds to load, you lose almost half of your visitors before they even arrive on your site.
- Below 1 second = Best
- 1-3 sec= Above average
- 3-7 sec = Average
- 7+ sec = Very poor
Follow this all tips and apply in your website and reduce your page speed
This is the main reason for a slow web page
- Leverage browser caching
- Enable gzip compression
- Remove query strings from static resources
- Minify your codes
- Minimize HTTP requests
- Minimize time to the first byte
- Use a good theme
Use “Power Word” in Title
Power words are words that smart copywriters use to trigger a psychological or emotional response.
- Limited offer
- Today only
Add this type of words in your title
Top 3 Benefit of powers words
- improve your page CTR
- people share your post on social media
- power words” that helped boost conversions
Use many “Subheadings”
It is recommended that one should have to use h1 tag per web page because h1 tag should be like a newspaper heading and use multi subheading in a single post.
You can also see, only one main heading and too much subheading use in this post.
Follow this tips for subheading
- Add long tails keyword in subheading
- add the main keyword in subheading
- use colors in every subheading
- use number in subheading
Note: So that subheading should be in that way which describes your topic.
Write proper Title
The title tag is one of the most important things to get right if you want to do well in Google. It’s not the only thing but if you neglect your title tags you’re making it very hard on yourself.
- Add your main keyword in a title
- Keep it simple, brief and attractive
- Use appropriate descriptive words
- Avoid abbreviations
- Add number in a title
- Add brackets (example )
- No more than 66 characters in a title
Check your Title and every subheading in this tool.
If your score more than 60 then your title is best and increasing your CTR
Update old post
I used Google Analytics to find out which posts have brought me the most traffic and low traffic.
Keywords are incredibly important for SEO, so add keywords in old post, but don’t delete old keyword otherwise your page ranking down.
How to modify old post to new fresh content.
- Add more keyword
- Add more topic
- Add post related new image.
- Add infographics (This is best parties which increase your website 10X time)
- ADD related Posts + Deep Linking
Note: Update your every blog post as soon as possible.
Check your External and Internal links
Internal Links vs external links
Internal links on a web page will help a viewer to stay engaged with your website longer.
Focus some point about internal links.
- Internal linking improves usability through anchor texts
- Internal link helps spread the link juice
- Internal linking improves PageRank
- Internal linking improves time on site
- Internal linking helps to crawl and index
External links are links which connects to another website which is related to your post topic.
Focus some point about External links.
- You are not linking to spam web sites or web sites with inappropriate content
- You have no broken links
- You are not in any way selling or exchanging links
Check links in your comments box carry the nofollow directive
Boost Your Backlinks
Backlinks are commonly referred to as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks.
Backlinks should be natural, this means that a website must not use artificial ways to create backlinks for their own websites.
The quality of links is far more important than the quantity.
- Best Content without Backlinks = Very bad
- Huge Backlinks + Poor Content = Very Bad
7 Best Ways to Build Backlinks to Your Website
- The broken-link building method
- Backlinks through infographics
- The advantage of guest articles
- Spy on your competitors
- Promote your content.
- Contact journalists and important bloggers.
- Commenting to another website
Improve security of a website
You may not think your site has anything worth being hacked for, but websites are compromised all the time.
Hacking is regularly performed by automated scripts written to scour the internet in an attempt to exploit known website security issues in software
- COMPLEX: Passwords should be random
- Sensible User Access
- Update your WordPress software and all plugin
- Don’t punches cheap hosting
- Add SLL certificate on your website
CTR is the ratio of users who click on a specific link to the number of total users who view a page, email, or advertisement.
How is click-through rate calculated?
To determine click-through rate,
You need to divide the number of total impressions by the number of total clicks and multiply by 100
CTR = 7000: 100 x 100 = 0.7%
What’s a “good” CTR?
For AdWords paid search, 2% CTR is average
CTR improves tips
- Add numbers to your page title
That number=more clicks.
- Use descriptive URL
What is descriptive URL?
And that’s why you want to avoid weird URLs, like this:
Ignore this type of URL
This is proper URL style
- The write is enticing meta descriptions.
AdWords ads are engineered to get as many clicks as possible.
Add AdWords words in your description
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
According to Google, the AMP plugin cut down load time between 15% and 85%, in initial tests.
In December of 2015, Google said that Accelerated Mobile Pages might become a ranking factor.
There are a variety of reasons more and more website owners are adopting AMP
- AMP enhances the mobile experience which improves on‐site metrics like bounce rate
- Google likes sites that load fast and tends to rank faster loading sites higher in the SERPs
Benefits of Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Insanely fast-loading web pages that users love
- Increased mobile browser visibility for content marketers
- Improved mobile search engine rankings
- Flexible ad support
If you’re ready to monetize your AMP-optimized pages, here are some of the most popular ad networks that are currently using the AMP-ads functionality:
- Amazon A9
- Google Doubleclick
- Google AdSense
- AOL AdTech
I hope this guide helped you step up your SEO .
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Which strategy from today’s post are you going to try first?
let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
Subscribe to get free SEO tips and Computer Science articles.